Heart of the Hills Inn Policies
All policies apply to registered guests and their guests. Policies are in effect at the time of reservation until you check out and leave the premises.
You are responsible for reading and complying with the policies at all times.
Your reservation is acknowledgment that you have read and agree to abide by the policies as noted.
- Preferred check-in time is 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Please alert us if you will be later than 6 p.m.
- Check-out time is by 11:00 a.m.
- Arrangements required for early or late arrivals.
- At time of the reservation full payment is charged via credit card. You may discuss this issue with the Inn keeper if you made the reservation via the Inn's web site to see if a deposit could be made depending on time of year with balance charged within 72 hours of arrival. You have 24 hours from time of the reservation to cancel the reservation to receive a full refund.
- Note: 24 hours from date and time of making reservation is the cancellation period. Thereafter cancellation results in loss of payment.
- Reservations made via the Inn's web site or any booking agency are charged in full at time of reservation.
- This is a small quaint Inn with only 3 suites that is in high demand. Reserving a room and then cancelling puts a small Inn in a financial bind as walk in's or last minute bookings are rare. Thank you for your understanding.
- Your reservation is not a contract of tenancy ~ you may be asked to leave the Inn and be removed from the property due to disturbance of any sort or behavior which we deem unsuitable.
- You are guests in our Inn. We ask that you please respect the Inn and belongings in it. Damages incurred to the Inn and/or the cottages during your stay, i.e., furnishings, overflowing of a shower or Jacuzzi, stained bed linens or towels, rugs, lost/missing items etc will be charged to your credit card on file ~ the innkeeper determines the charges which are non-negotiable and might vary depending on the actions taken ~ i.e. the need of a plumber, dry cleaning, total replacement of an item, etc.
Guests at the Inn
- To ensure our guests enjoy their time with us, guests of booked guests must be pre- approved by the innkeeper. No additional guests may stay on premises past 10 pm or be under the age of 18.
No Smoking Policy
- There is a 100% No Smoking policy inside the Inn/your room or cottage. Smoking is permitted on the decks/porches only. Be sure that smoke does not migrate into your room from the deck or porch. There will be a $200.00 charge if any evidence of smoke is detected in the suite/cottage and you will be asked to leave.
- Refunds are not given for reservations that are cancelled after 24 hours from the date of the reservation.
- There are certain conditions that need to be worked out with the Innkeeper that might make a cancellation feasible to include: severe weather conditions (not just rain). Check with the Innkeeper should you feel you have an unusual verifiable reason to cancel for potential alternatives. Final decision is that of the Innkeep in these instances.
- If you do not arrive for your reservation, i.e. no-show, the amount that has been paid is non-refundable and may not be used as a "balance" to re-schedule.
Rescheduling of a Reservation
- If you reschedule your reservation with less than fourteen (14) days notice, you will be charged an $50.00 re-booking fee. If you reschedule your reservation more than once you will be charged a $99.00 re-booking fee.
One Night Stay
- Heart of the Hills is one of the very few Inns who accepts a one-night stay. Your one night stay is paid in full at the time your reservation is made and is non-refundable if canceled.
- There is no refund for an early departure of any sort regardless of the situation.
- If you must cancel or re-schedule your reservation due to inclement weather, your balance will be charged and you will be issued a non-transferable Heart of the Hills Inn voucher in the full amount of your reservation. Your voucher is valid for six (6) months and excludes June, October, November, Valentines Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, holidays, or festivals/special events.
- We are not responsible for personal items left behind. Please check your room/cottage thoroughly when you are leaving.
- Packages require a 100% charge upon reservation ~ the charge is non-refundable.
- You are given one key to your room/cottage on arrival. If your key is lost there is a $45.00 locksmith change to replace the key.
- While I am a BIG animal lover, out of the respect to my guests and due to having only three suites, I cannot have pets in the suites or on the inn grounds.
- While I respect parents & their children, Heart of the Hills has the theme: relax, romance, refresh and somehow children do not fit in to that theme well.
- Children over the age of 12 if they are well behaved. Please discuss this with the innkeeper prior to booking.
American with Disabilities Act (ADA): Heart of the Hills Inn in order to comply with the ADA wants you to know that: If you are disabled and need assistance in using the Inn's services, or obtaining information you need about our services, please call us at 1-479-253-7468 and we will be happy to assist you.