History of the Inn
Located in the largest historic district in the United States, Heart of the Hills Inn and Cottages, circa 1883, was built by a working class family on the original route of the Butterfield Stage Coach Company. Located on the upper historic loop a few blocks from the Crescent Hotel and a short three block stroll to downtown this property is just far enough out of the noise of the downtown area to be a quiet, relaxing and refreshing retreat. . It is rumored that the house was a stop on the stage coach route for several years until the railroad station was built out on North Main. The original Carriage House and horse barn are still on the property today. The Carriage House has been renovated into a French country cottage sleeping up to four. The horse barn, located in the lower stonewalled garden is now a gardeners shed for plants and all that is needed to maintain the gardens.
The main house houses the Summit Suite and Gabriel's Apartment along with the main office and owners quarters. The Inn has been renovated over the years always retaining it's historical appearance and internal integrity while making significant infrastructure changes. Heart of the Hills Inn and Cottages has been a popular Arkansas B & B Inn since the mid 1980's.